La Academia Cristiana royal legacy
Ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praise of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light. -1 Peter 2:9
Mas vosotros sois linaje escogido, real sacerdocio, nación santa, pueblo adquirido por Dios, para que anunciéis las virtudes de aquel que os llamó de las tinieblas a su luz admirable. -1 Pedro 2:9
Co-Founders Chassidi Martin and Kendall Helmer began homeschooling their kids together. They began meeting in homes at first and then at Harvest Vineyard Church. During this experience, God planted seeds of a vision much bigger than involving just their children. Chassidi and Kendall began to imagine a space where more kids could be involved in a loving, authentic Christian school environment that was affirming and empowering. An environment where a socio economic status did not deter access.
After getting word that such a school already existed in Des Moines, Iowa, the women set off to visit Joshua Christian Academy to gather information and inspiration. After seeing this welcoming and enriching environment and hearing the many stories about God’s provision for their school, Chassidi and Kendall were affirmed in their calling from the Lord to start such a school in Waterloo.
The journey of opening a new school has been both faithbuilding and exciting. With the support of the community, Royal Legacy Christian Academy has become a reality. Please choose to walk along side us in this faith journey.
Royal Legacy Christian Academy will leave a lasting legacy of faith, academic excellence and empowerment for children, families, and the community.
The mission of Royal Legacy Christian Academy is to create a safe and friendly Christ-centered environment where students can flourish academically and grow spiritually.
- We believe that all children have tremendous potential and possess a God-given capacity for achieving excellence.
- We believe that a solid Christian education should be affordable and accessible regardless of socioeconomic status.
- We believe all students should develop high proficiency in another language and that language should be taught within its cultural context.
- We believe that all students can achieve academic success with high expectations, rigorous curriculum and culturally relevant pedagogy.
- We believe students learn in different ways and in different time frames.
- We believe a student’s past does not define his/her future success.
- We believe that cultural and ethnic identity is a sacred gift from God and should be explored and celebrated.
- We believe that cultural diversity enriches our lives and more accurately reflects the Kingdom of God.
Meet our team
Sign up for our newsletter today.
The Royal Review is a quarterly newsletter that we send to friends and supporters of RLCA. Click here to view the latest edition. If you would like to receive our newsletter in print, sign up to join our mailing list.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
Royal Legacy Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.